I've played drums almost my entire life. I studied theory, ear training, arranging, composition, performance & songwriting at Berklee College of Music in Boston, MA and Cabrillo Community College in Aptos, CA. In 7th grade I was described as a "real band rat, who will play with anyone, any time." This turned out to be prophetic. I love music, especially playing rock music. Being on stage w/ the band between all the amps and monitors playing drums is to literally be at the center of the music, both sonically and physically because you can feel every note in your body. It's an amazing experience. I recommend everyone from all walks of life learn drums. Your body already has rhythm. Trust me!
The Coasters & The Shirelles (on Drums, 1997)
Drum Set – Ad-hoc band on Redding, CA tour stop.
Thirsty Curses (on Drums, 2018 through 2019)
Raleigh-based Thirsty Curses is garage rock outfit.
Merges (on Drums, 2017 to 2018)
An alternative rock band performing original material in Raleigh, NC.
Marc Ganancias, Policy of Discontent (on Drums, 2012)
Played drums on 13 tracks.
Signals From Satellites (on Drums, 2008 to 2012)
- Interstate Wes Bound E.P., 2012
- Signals From Satellites E.P. 2010
Berklee College of Music
Drum Set – Theory, arranging, private lessons, songwriting club, songwriting competition. Formed pop-folk duo with friend. Numerous school work and demo recordings. Performed “caf-show” with Dr. Anthony Fesmire – Original progressive rock – Trip to Nashville – Met Janice Ian and others.
Cabrillo Community College
1990 – 1996
Music Major – Theory, ear-training, 4 part writing, 5 part writing, arranging, improvisation, private lessons, numerous performing ensembles (listed above). Also public speaking, mass media, English, Spanish, study skills, and more.
1991 – 1994
Drum Set & percussion – latin grooves, hand technique, time.
1994 – present
Registered writer/performer with B.M.I..
TAMA Walnut/Birch Starclassic, standard depths, black lacquer
- 22″ x 14″ kick
- 12″ x 8″ tom
- 16″ x 16″ floor
- 14″ x 6″ snare
Left to right
- 13″ K/Z Series Hi-Hats
- 18″ Paiste Signature Series Thin China (occasional)
- 18″ Paiste Signature Series Full Crash
- 21″ Dream Dark Energy Ride
- 19″ Paiste Signature Series Dark Energy Crash
- 20" Tama Ride used as a crash (very rarely)
Vic Firth SD2 Bolero Model, wood tip, just about my whole life
Previous Drum Sets
- TAMA Swingstar (2000s), 4 piece, "accel" depths, black finish
- Yamaha Stage Custom, 5 piece, fusion sizes, cherry finish
- TAMA Artstar II, 5 piece, "xtras" depths, amber finish (god, I miss these babies)
- TAMA Swingstar (late 80s silver badge), 7 piece, "xtras" depths, misty chrome finish
- CB-700, 5 piece, standard depths, blue sparkle finish with TAMA Swingstar 5.5 chrome snare